1. Being creative - using my hands to do anything, whether it is drawing, painting, decorating...basically creating anything.
2. Fall - I love the colors of the fall, especially in New England. The leaves turn anywhere from red, to orange, to yellow...
4. Swedish Christmas - I grew up with a Swedish Christmas Eve. I love the food, the rustic decorations, the Akvavit. It's an awesome celebration of life and people.
5. A Summer Swim - Diving into a cold lake, pool, pond in the summer is one of the best things in the world. Refreshing and fun...try to act like a kid again.
6. Ski Resorts - Is there anything better than shacking up in a hotel/cabin, using an outdoor pool, going skiing, staying cozy...all while other people clean your room and serve you food? I think not.
7. Wine with Mom and Gummie - Although I can't do it anymore, I love sitting outside in the summer, or inside in the winter, and having a glass of wine with my mom and grandmother. No better way for three generations to get together and talk.
8. Hot Chocolate - A hot mug of hot cocoa on a cold afternoon is always special, if you make it that way.
9. White snowy mountains - I love driving up and into huge, snow-topped mountains. It's breathtaking and somehow makes me feel at home.
10. Breaking a good sweat - getting out and releasing stress, feeling strong, and sweating a little (or a lot) is key to my happiness.
What makes you happy? Think about it, and maybe create your own list. It's funny how really simple things make you happy. I think we need to focus on the smaller things, stop racing through life, and live with more fulfillment from the little things around us.