Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Good Read


Have any of you read Beautiful Boy, by David Scheff? You should. Look through that link and you'll be able to read more about it. It's about a father's path alongside his son's meth addiction. I find these books mesmerizing. They are mind boggling to read, and I always wonder what on earth I would do if I were ever presented with the same problems. People don't think they will produce a beautiful child that will one day become an addict. It happens, though...and what would you do? Would you feel like a failure? Perhaps. Would you give up on your son or daughter? Some parents might. Anyway, I saw him on Oprah the other day (long after I had read the book) and it struck a cord all over again. Read the book. And if you have, what do you think of it?

Baby is moving around in there as we speak. I have CORNERS. I am not round, I am SQUARE. My belly has started taking on the most bizarre shapes. Is this normal? Or do I just have a monster in there. Yikes.

So, I read the "Quit Your Day Job" article featuring KahiliCreations. I thought it was totally inspiring, moreso than some others I've read. I love that series, because it makes me believe people truly do succeed at this! Haha. Plus, I loved her work. It is gorgeous and simple...definitely wedding-day worthy (and she does say she gets brides' orders). Besides liking practically all of her jewelry...this one drew me in the most...


Off for now! Have a good one all.

1 comment:

  1. The book sounds interesting! I hope to find time to read again. AND I Just read KahilCreations on etsy! WOW..it is inspiring to read and I got some pointers on how to get my jewelry business going. THANKS for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels