Monday, July 9, 2012

Edibles outside my door, and into my kitchen!



So, it turns out, most things in my garden...which basically consist of anything outside my front door...are doing phenomenally. My basil is out of control (in a good way), my nasturtiums (ya know, those cute and colorful and EDIBLE flowers) are gorgeous, and I'm starting to get some tomatoes! In the basket is also some kale and peas. 

My diet these days consists of most things paleo (check out last post), although I'm not going total freak out mode on it. In other words, I'm not allowing it to be a fad, rather, I'm slowly but surely incorporating it into my life. It's a fantastic thing. I feel better, look better, and have a sense of control. Think about the things that we all put into our bodies, really sit and think about it. In the words of Michael Pollan, if you don't know where it came from and what it's made of, don't eat it. It's a simple concept, but most people can't manage to grasp it. I think it has mostly to do with emotional issues that we all harbor, that weren't present in years past. But that's a subject for another day...SO back to Michael Pollan. He is one of my favorite authors on the "food dilemma" we face these days. Please do check him out. One of his books, Food Rules, lays the groundwork for exactly that, the rules of food and how and what to eat. Clear, concise, and to the point. 

Eating healthfully is actually easy, it just requires some thought and planning. If you can't be bothered with thinking about what you are about to put into your body, then, well...that is quite possibly the epitome of laziness (which all of America has seemed to adopt).

Til next time, 
~here's to learning more about paleo eating and exercise!~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels