Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Expectations...


What is with the world today? It seems to me that people's expectations of every one else are absolutely ludacris. We live in a "me" society, and it looks like we're all going to continue spiraling toward disaster. Here are a few main issues that I think are at the top of our demise as a society.

1 - Women expect to be able to do everything a man can do, thus, they think they don't need men to get married, have babies, make money, or share a house with.

2 - Children expect every one to do everything for them because they grew up in a generation where parents didn't make them work, paid for their college, and didn't put them out on their asses to learn how to pay rent and buy TP for themselves.

3 - Adults, in general, expect their mates to be "perfect". People have a " desires list" when they date people, and if the boy/girl doesn't stack up? Well, on to the next imperfect victim!

3a. - Because of 3, above, people divorce like it's a sport. Whatever happened to sticking it out and accepting minor differences as part of someone's individual character?

My thoughts come about from a lot of reading I've been doing about being happy in a marriage. This doesn't mean that my marriage is in trouble...I just figured it couldn't help to get some pointers from actual "doctors", right? I mean, we can always work on things. Even if I get one little tid bit from a book that will help my marriage continue down a positive path, then that's success enough for me.

What do you think about all of our current expectations? Are we out of line? Are we entitled? Or are we all just spoiled brats?

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of people are me, me, me... I think parents did not purposely make their kids the way they are, but life has gotten more and more expensive and technology has advanced so much that BOTH parents are normally required to work and out of guilt they spoil their kids and then the kids do not learn basic life lessons and can't do anything for themselves since parents did what they could for them when they were home. Its sad really. Sometimes I think going back to the 1950s would just be better for society and families. Way less societal problems back then!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels