Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sleep? What's that?

So, it's been 2-3 weeks now of baby not sleeping at all during the night. He wakes up numerous times a night. At first I thought it was because he was stuck on his belly and couldn't move, because he isn't always hungry. But then sometimes I end up feeding him because nothing will calm him down. A few times I have fallen asleep with him on my shoulder in the rocking chair...has he become one of those kids that needs to be picked up all the time? I hope not! Maybe he's teething...? All I know is I am walking around like a zombie. AHHH! I can't imagine going to work like this, and I'm not quite sure what I'll do once I do go back probably starting in December.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were all celebs and could hire a full-time nanny to feed our babies and get up in the middle of the night with them? No wonder people like Heidi Klum and Jessica Alba look so refreshed and make it all look so easy. BOOOOOOO. No fair.

2 comments:

  1. If there is one piece of advice for you, and I'm sure you've heard it, is that it just always changes. Just when he starts sleeping well, he won't. Just when you think he'll never sleep through the night, he will. Just take it a day at a time, and celebrate those days when you feel human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always stinks when they get out of whack with sleeping. Just know that he will get back into a good routine...ya just gotta get through it now. Don't worry about too far into the future, he may get right back into a good pattern soon. I am always bad with little sleep too. Can you nap during the day? That is how I survived. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels