Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry X-Mas Eve...some lost thoughts about life on this day

Lately, I have been turned off by going to the gym. I just can't force myself to go into that place, always crawling with the same people. Running on a treadmill or climbing on a stairclimber to nowhere...it seems ridiculous to me. Even lifting weights...it seems so fake and superficial and...silly. To repetitively lift these crafted weights when we could be lifting things like our children, boxes, laundry, wheel-barrows. I don't know. Maybe I'm looking for something more...simple. I think this recent turn-off to our gym is merely a small part of what I've been feeling lately. Sometimes I'm angry and almost sad at the world we live in, hoping to simplify things and live a life where I enjoy the small, ordinary things that go on rather than always push for more. More money, more house, more activities. These things don't even seem to make people happy. They are filling some void that still remains unless we fill it with awareness and thoughtfullness.

So anyway, not quite sure how I will deal with these issues as the world around me is increasingly plagued by a fast pace that the human brain is not actually programmed to keep up with (tid-bit from a teacher-prep class this past semester). Sometimes I wish I could be raising children 20 or 30 years ago...when things were less competitive and it was okay to have, well, and ordinary day.

Have a wonderful X-Mas and I hope that every one is grateful for what they have.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand how you feel! I have those same thoughts and anger towards our modern world on a regular basis. Hope you have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments entertain me - so please, be my guest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels